cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dev studio distribution

CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
i am trying to build a basic MSI project for an application. when i am done customizing and authoring the project using Dev Studio's Project Assistant - i go to the last step - "Build Installation" it gives me only three options - of creating a "single executable image" and distributing it, of distributing it over the internet via a *.htm file, or building a CD-ROM image.
the build process works like a charm and the distribution also works fine - however my concern is the fact that it distributes an "exe" image - what should i do to create and distribute an msi package?
if i do not use Dev Studio and build it using Repackager i get the msi file but then i cannot customize the file according to my preferences as i could do in Dev Studio.
any suggestions?
mihir
(2) Replies
For more build options, you might look into using the Release Wizard in DevStudio, which is available under the Build menu.
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
thanx for the info about the release wizard ..... i was looking around all the docs and a webinar and i figured that one out last night....thanx for the reply though