cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

AdminStudio8 Internal Build Error 6006

Hello I have a problem when I build a package. I get the "Internal Build error 6006'.On the macrovision web page http://support.installshield.com/kb/view.asp?articleid=Q109605 I get the answer how i can dissolve the problem. I saved the project in th...

Uninstallation Problem!

Hello friends,Application Name: JREVersion: JREv1.5.0_09Preformat: exeConverted to: msiAfter creating the .msi file successfully of JREv1.5.0_09, I install it. Everything works fine. But,when i uninstall it, the "JavaControlPanel" Icon still remains ...

MSI, Windows Service & Repakager...

Dear all,Using the demo version of AdminStudio I try to repackage a software to convert it as a MSI file.... The original EXE file install a windows service. But by using 2 methods (snapshot & monitoring) Adminstudio is not able to find out the servi...

command required to give the folder location of our choice

I am installing the application thru command line with the below emntioned command. msiexec /i /qb! this is able to make a silent install. When installing the default location where the files related to the application are stored under C:\Program F...

amalar by Level 3
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Simple math in conditionals

Ok, This should be easy but I can not find it in the help. I'm setting up conditions for when the user hits the next button in a dialog. I want to launch a dialog if the difference between two numbers (properties) in not 0. It seems that you can only...

Assign a registry value to a Admin variable

I have a basic MSI package and this is the first bit of InstallScript code that I need to insert. What I would like to do is get a value from my registry and assign it to a variable that I will use during the GUI part of the install. Here is what I h...

ICE89---Not able to resolve

HI ppl,i got stuck up with this error----ICE 89: The ProgId_Parent 'MSProject.MPX.8' in the ProgId table is not a valid ProgId. ProgId ProgId_Parent MSProject.MPXIf any one has encountered the same problem and was able to resolve it??

System Search Problems

Hello everyone. I am in the process of packaging a very simple msi packaged called FL.exe I am using install shield 11.5It is a network app and it just associates itself with DWG files and adds a shortcut to the desktop. What I want is for it to chec...

Unable to launch the shortcut in user mode

Hi, I am seriously struck up with an issue. After installing my package in Admin mode and then go to user mode and try to launch the shortcut i am not able to launch it .On the other hand after installing in Admin mode and launch the shortcut and ...

shanthi by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos