cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

application is unable to launch in the user mode

i am repackaging the macromedia dreamweaver mxusing the admin studio 8 I managed to create the msi , but when i test the application in the user mode the application didn't launched ,while it works fine in the admin mode.please help

anant_bk by Level 3
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

.ini File Permissions

I've user the repackager function in Admin Studio 8 to record and re-package some software to install onto a WinXP client.The user needs to be able to write to one of the .ini files created, however they don't have permission. I've tried changing th...

Conflict Solver

I *must* be doing something dumb. I've just started using AdminStudio Professional 5.0 and I can't for the life of me figure out how to get Conflict Solver to resolve conflicts.Even if I follow the instructions in the documentation on how to resolve...

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

copy files to location on different drive

I need to move configuration files created by application on install in to a new location say i:\Configs\AppfolderName i.e., I should create two folders named Configs and AppfolderName on a drive different from my installation drive and then move the...

shanthi by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Error code 1024

I am getting an error message about "the source file ....does not exist, however it is there.The permissions seem ok.Anyone else seen this?thanks

frc410 by Level 2
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Queries for built-in ACE rules?

Are the sql queries for the built-in ACE rules available? The isconflict.ace file appears to be some sort of compiled executable. It would be useful to leverage some of the built in logic in putting together custom rules for our environment.Are the...

Reboot Flag

Dear allWhere do i find normally the "reboot " method within a msi package?i edited a package to customize our requirements (call a external batch etc) but i didn't find it?I want to avoid to do a reboot after a sucessful deployment of a msi package ...

Tuner not working??

I'm using AdminStudio v8 and when I launch Tuner I choose the msi file and in my case its for Visio 2003.I then Browse and name the MST file in the same folder as the msi.I check Response Transform and leave the command line properties blank.When I c...

Reverse Engineering .msi files

Hi allIs there any way that I can take a .msi file and return it to a .ism file so that I can edit it?I've got a .msi file that I want to add new files to. It seems to let me add the new file, and saves OK, but doesn't incorporate the new file in th...