cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where has the patch impact manager board gone?

it was here:
http://community.installshield.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=138

has it gone?

is it because no-one is using the software?

looeee
(3) Replies
Could it be because it is now part of Adminstudio 7 Enterprise Edition, so comes under the Adminstudio forum?

I have just upgraded to Adminstudio 7 Professional Edition and my copy of PIM 1.0 will no longer install, so looks like I have lost PIM. I will look into this.
do you find pim usefull?
got any tips for using it?
No, not really, although I was using version 1, whereas Adminstudio 7 Enterprise comes with the next version. I need to spend more time on it (if I ever get it working with Adminstudio 7 Professional). All it tells us is that each patch conflicts with most packages because the patch updates system files which have an unknown verison number. This is obvious. What I need is a way to exclude certain system files from the output, as we won't be able to test all those conflicts every month and would not expect the more common system files to cause problems (we have over 300 packages so far in the ocnflict database). Also, the output is just a list, which is not at all user friendly (for example, a recent month produced over 9000 lines of conflicts). Antoher problem I had initially was that Macrovision didn't update their MSSECURE.XML file on their website, which is what PIM uses by default. This is fairly fundamental to the support of this package, so was very dissappointing. I now point it to the Shavlik site which is kept up to date.

Don't know what improvements there are in the new version so may be worth a look.

I think there was only one entry in the old forum, so I don't think it is used widely!