cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very sloooooowww repackaging with 8.6.1.

Dear reader(s),

Today I started with our first bigger repack project, a part of Adobe Photoshop CS3, Adobe Bridge CS3.

Waht puzzles me is that I started it at 13:45 and the Repackaging wizard was still on the screen at 17:00 hours, consuming 50% cpu without any disk activity.
I thought that this was a 8.6 issue which was resolved by the 8.6.1 patch....

Anyone with a clue?

Regards, Henno.
(5) Replies
HennoKeers wrote:
Dear reader(s),

Today I started with our first bigger repack project, a part of Adobe Photoshop CS3, Adobe Bridge CS3.

Waht puzzles me is that I started it at 13:45 and the Repackaging wizard was still on the screen at 17:00 hours, consuming 50% cpu without any disk activity.
I thought that this was a 8.6 issue which was resolved by the 8.6.1 patch....

Anyone with a clue?

Regards, Henno.

Update: AdminStudio 6.0 VP1 does behave the same, 1 weekend troddling at 50% CPU and no progress...
It seems that the repackager runs into some registry setting it doesn't like.

Reg, Henno
Adobe Bridge CS3 is a MSI why would you capture it?
Tony_Toni_Tone wrote:
Adobe Bridge CS3 is a MSI why would you capture it?

Ever done a validation on a Vendor MSI? :eek:
Ever tried doing a SMS 2003 distribution of a Vendor MSI that's full of mostly useless CA's?

Well, that's why we repackage almost everything, except Microsoft Office products, and even those bite you once in a while.
The firm that created the Windows Installer SDK even makes MSI's that has .DLL's in them that are not keyfiles.... :eek:

So far we repackaged over a 1000 applikations with a pretty high quality standard.

Reg, Henno.
Yep I have used SMS to deploy CS3 without any issue, also you will get no support from Adobe if you have any problems..

The vendor will tell you to install it how they intended and to report back if you are still having problems.. I relaise that vendors make the worst MSI's but I fix them up where neeeded with a transform, which you cant do with CS3.

If its is your company policy to change vendor MSI's the quickest way to sort out CS3 would be to fix each of the payloads with Orca.
Regarding the above mentioned problem:
I found why the repackager hangs on my project (Adobe Bridge CS3).
There are some preference setiings in HKCU that kills it...

reg, Henno.