cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access file error message

CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
I've been trying to repackage Novell iFolder 2.1 using AdminStudio 5.0. After packaging the application, then installing it, I continually get the same exact error message when attempting to launch the application:

Failed to access NiFltr.sys.
Re-install application.

When I check the \WINNT\System32\Drivers folder the file does exist.

Why is the application unable to access the file? Is there anything I can do to fix this error?

Thanx in advance,

Curtis
(6) Replies
You should check if the repackager captured the file NiFltr.sys or not. Open the Repackager IDE and in the Files and Folder view under Captured Installation see if you can see this file in the target folder. If you used snapshot method and if this file already exist in the repackaging machine prior to repackaging then it will not be captured.
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
I checked the Repackager IDE as you suggested and it shows the file NiFltr.sys as being one of the files captured. The only file it captured but is excluding is index.dat from the cookies folder.

Any other suggestions?
Can you search for file NiFltr.sys in your MSI. Do you see it in File table. Also look at the Directory table for the folder where the component for this file installs to. Check for the attributes on this component.
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
I checked the file table and the file NiFltr.sys exists there and it has NiFltr.sys for the Component and Filename.

I checked the Directory Table, and the installation directory for the file C:\WINNT\System32\drivers is listed as: Directory -Drivers, Directory_Parent - SystemFolder, DefaultDir - drivers.

I checked the Components and NiFltr.sys is there also with the Destination set to: {DRIVERS}[SystemFolder]drivers and the Destination Permissions set to 0.

Any other suggestions? And once again, thanx for the help.
That looks OK to me. Can you do complete search on your system? May be its getting installed to different location!

You should also try to generate a verbose log file
msiexec /i /lv* and look for information for this file in the log. That should give you the right direction.
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
I searched my workstation, and the only location where it is installing is C:\WINNT\System32\drivers, which is where it should be installing.

I created a log file (attached below), and the file shows that it was installed in the correct location.

Can you believe a 3.5 MB installation can cause so much trouble... ahahahah