cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Testing & Evaluating AdminStudio 8.6

Hi,

I am currently testing and evaluating AdminStudio 8.6, specifically with the repackager feature, regardless of what format (MSI, EXE) my build output was in, it was always the same problem. The problem was when the build is completed, ran the installation, launched application afterwards, the Installer dialog box stated "Please wait while Windows configures Appname Installer" showed up every time. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks again.
(6) Replies
installshield08 wrote:
Hi,

I am currently testing and evaluating AdminStudio 8.6, specifically with the repackager feature, regardless of what format (MSI, EXE) my build output was in, it was always the same problem. The problem was when the build is completed, ran the installation, launched application afterwards, the Installer dialog box stated "Please wait while Windows configures Appname Installer" showed up every time. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks again.

This _can_ be normal behaviour when the Windows installer makes sure that your Windows profile is been configured with the apropriate files and registry setting which seem to be not in it.
I can give some more more clues if you are willing to post your ism.

I have 2 things about AdminStudio:
* There is a hotfix patch which patches the repackager and you will update to 8.6.1. This fix should help you with excesive build times.
* There is a bug (not yet confirmed by Macrovision) that means that you will have ICE38 errors because the repackager will not automaticlly create HKCU keypaths for files/folder in the Windows profile. Previous versions of the repackager created those themselves.
You problem may be related to this...

Regards, Henno
Thanks HennoKeers!

I don't know if I would consider that kind of behavior is Normal, but it sure does make it look unprofessional installation. I'll try the patch hope it'll work, if not I'll post my .ism and would love to have your feedback on it. Thanks again.
HennoKeers wrote:
This _can_ be normal behaviour when the Windows installer makes sure that your Windows profile is been configured with the apropriate files and registry setting which seem to be not in it.
I can give some more more clues if you are willing to post your ism.

I have 2 things about AdminStudio:
* There is a hotfix patch which patches the repackager and you will update to 8.6.1. This fix should help you with excesive build times.
* There is a bug (not yet confirmed by Macrovision) that means that you will have ICE38 errors because the repackager will not automaticlly create HKCU keypaths for files/folder in the Windows profile. Previous versions of the repackager created those themselves.
You problem may be related to this...

Regards, Henno

HennoKeers,

Where do you find hotfix patch? I been looking for it everywhere here at Macrovision, but only found patches for something else. I'd appreciate if you could point me to the right direction. Thanks in advance.
installshield08 wrote:
HennoKeers,

Where do you find hotfix patch? I been looking for it everywhere here at Macrovision, but only found patches for something else. I'd appreciate if you could point me to the right direction. Thanks in advance.

Here is the KB article:
http://knowledge.macrovision.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=Q113710&sliceId=1&docTypeID=DT_INFO_1_1&dialogID=3754118&stateId=0%200%203748915

Here is the download (it's a wrapped MSP that can be found in %TEMP% is you run it and leave on screen):
http://support.installshield.com/kb/files/Q113710/adminstudio86hotfix.exe

reg, Henno
Thanks HennoKeers! - It still doesn't help after patch is applied. The funny things though I packaged in EXE, but when install the application, it said "Extracting msi". And every time I launch the installed application the dialog still showed "Please wait while Windows configures Appname Installer".

Does anyone out there having or have had this problem before?
installshield08 wrote:
Thanks HennoKeers! - It still doesn't help after patch is applied. The funny things though I packaged in EXE, but when install the application, it said "Extracting msi". And every time I launch the installed application the dialog still showed "Please wait while Windows configures Appname Installer".

Does anyone out there having or have had this problem before?

* Could you show your ISM so I can take a peek?
* Do you have any ICE errors when validating?

reg, Henno