Highlighted
Active participant

Table Record Reference Tracking

Jump to solution

Recently we started using the 2019 edition of AdminStudio which is the first version for us with "Table Record Reference Tracking" in the Direct Editor of the InstallShield. This feature makes using the Direct Editor for larger projects very, very, very (actually unusable) slow. Just an example: Loading the Component table with +/- 12000 rows takes several minutes.  The reference tracking data is also loaded when the information isn't showed. So hiding the information isn't sufficient. I can't discover a setting in the Tools->Options menu to disable this function.

Can this function be disabled somewhere/somehow?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Moderator Moderator

Re: Table Record Reference Tracking

Jump to solution

I had an AdminStudio customer experience the same slowdown in MSI table loading in the InstallShield Editor as well.

@vdonga's suggestion of disabling the check significantly improves the table loading. Here's where to go:

IS Editor - Steps to Disable Broken Reference Constraints checking.jpg

Uncheck the Check for broken reference constraints checkbox, click OK, and then the table load time drops significantly. 

Expert Flexeran on AdminStudio, Workflow Manager, and Software Vulnerability Manager / Research
If I've answered your question, please mark my response as "Accept as Solution" to help others find answers. Thanks!

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
Highlighted
Flexera
Flexera

Jump to solution

Currently, there is no option to disable the Table Record Reference Tracking feature in InstallShield.

But, there is a WO with master issue # IOJ-1842645 is now with the engineering team to improve the performance of the Direct Editor.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Active participant

Jump to solution

In addition to the performance improvement it would be really appreciated if it can be disabled as well. I assume that wil result in the biggest improvement.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Flexera
Flexera

Jump to solution

Sure,  I'll pass on this suggestion to the engineering team to have an option to disable Table Record Reference Tracking completely.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Active participant

Jump to solution

Great.

0 Kudos