cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repackager warning:path format for ImagePath is not supported by windows installer

Dear all, when I repackaged a VPN client software, I was given the following warning while building the project to a single msi file (the option “Map NT services to service control table” was checked):

Registry entries for service ‘IPSECDRV’ (IPSec Driver, supposed to be) will remain in the Registry table because the path format for the ImagePath ‘\??\C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\IPSECDRV.sys’ is not supported by windows installer.

Could any one tell me what this warning means and what I should do in order to correct it?
(2) Replies
Dear all, I found this in the help file of Repackager:

Since Windows Installer does not support packaging device drivers, you would need to create Custom Actions to install device drivers. See Using Custom Actions in the Windows Installer help section for more information.

Unfortunately, I'm a new comer and I don't understand it very well. If you have experience on this, could you explain it to me in other words? What kind of device drivers cannot be repackaged?

Although my msi file is created with success, I have some problems when running the program after installation. So I look in the windows event viewer for error info and I’m told:” QoS: the packet scheduler couldn’t initialize the virtual miniport with NDIS”. And I guess the warning above may be associated with my problem (virtual adapter or drivers not installed correctly, for example)?

Thanks so much! 🙂
esigelec wrote:
QoS: the packet scheduler couldn’t initialize the virtual miniport with NDIS”.

This problem has been identified: adding the mobile device driver to my installation package will resolve it, because this problem has been caused by the absence of initialization of virtual adapter.

However, does anyone know the answer of my first question? Thanks in advance! 😛