cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QualityMonitor

Hi,

I have just installed AdminStudio 5 Eval and trying to use QualityMonitor to test my Office97 msi package. For some reason QualityMonitor does not pick it up as one of the installed applications on by machine. It picks up all the other msi's fine.

Is the a reason why this is the case and how can I get arround this problem?

Regards

Yusuf
(6) Replies
Do you see this application entry in Add Remove Programs panel?

Regards
Rajesh Tammana
InstallShield Software Corporation
Yes it is in the Control Panel, but I have noticed that it only have the change button available and not the remove button unlike all the others. I must add that in my project I do have all three options (Disable repair, Disable remove and Disable change) in the add/remove set to No. So I do not know why remove is not showing up.

So just to make it clear, if the remove button is not available, it does NOT show up in QualityMonitor.

I have tried running QualityMonitor with the -a option on these packages from the command prompt and it worked twice. After that it just stopped working for some reason. I do not know why.

Any ideas? Please

NB. Please note that I am packaging Office 97 for Windows XP. This is just one of the many problems I am having with Office, but I am slowly working trough them.

Regards

Yusuf
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
This is probably because there is no unisntall key for this product. Currently, we are using the following algorithm for determining which packages you will be able to open through QualityMonitor.

- look for uninstall keys under HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\

- ensure this is a MSI package by checking the WindowsInstaller value

- ensure the DisplayName value is set

- ensure that the Uninstallstring value is set

However it looks like it may be inappropriate to assume that there will be an uninstall entry for all packages. We will consider changing this for future releases.
Thanx for the response. With Office 97, if I leave the Unistall key in the registry, there are two lines refering to Office 97 in the add/remove in the control panel. The one is what I set it to. The other is what the original setup intalled. How do I then get rid of the original setup entry in the add/remove in the control panel?

Regards

Yusuf
Are you sure you want to remove from the control panel? If you remove from control panel, you will not be able to remove the installed application easily. The only way to uninstall that is by remembering the original uninstall string in the Registry and executing that.

Regards
Rajesh Tammana
Thank you. 🙂