cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle 92 client ICE30 errors

I repackaged the oracle 92 client, first I installed the client then I applied patch 9.06. When I validate the MSI that was built I receive 835 of the following errors, there were also alot of ICE03 errors which I already fixed:

Installation of component 'Folder__.2.0.6.0' would cause the target file 'spawnA~1.jar' to be installed twice in '[WindowsVolume']\ORACLE\Ora92\inventory\Patches21\oracle.rsf.xdk_rsf\9.2.0.6.0\' on an LFN system. This will break the component reference counting system.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
(4) Replies
Hello,

I am in charge of packaging Oracle 9.20i and i meet the same error (Ice30 + Lfn and Sfn) :confused:
When i try to use only Lfn (long file name) a new ice03 error appear...and when i try to use Sfn the problem persist.

In spite of the error my package work fine, is anybody have a tips or a solution to solve this bloody message :eek:

Bonjour de Paris
are you using installshield adminstudio 7.0? I had these problems with 7.0, when my colleague repackaged it using adminstudio 6.0 it worked perfectly.
Would it be possible for you to zip up the *.INC & *.NIR files that were generated by the capture process and mail them to me at dthornley@macrovision.com. I'd like to have this looked at ASAP and if I can start the process with a known failure case it will go a lot faster.

Thanks
David Thornley
Hi Everyone,

We have released a hotfix to the repackager that resolves the ICE 30 error that some customers have reported. Please follow this link to read more about the hotfix and to download the actual bits.

An updated version of the standalone repackager is available here

Regards
David Thornley