cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Noob question, combining MSI's

First I am still green to Admin studio Enterprise 8.6 despite my formal training.

I have a Virtual ReScan (VRS) 4.10 driver I am trying to package. It has multiple MSI's, the one I want to make a transform for is the Kofax VirtualRescan410.msi. However, testing the mst I create tells me I need to run the ISScript10.msi
If I run that, nothing happens without the Setup.exe
If I attempt to repackage the setup.exe into an irp with repackager, I get told I'm not suppose to use that on MSI's (I know that). If I ignore the advice and do it anyways, the MSI wont install xml files for a driver I personally don't care about and gives me alot of ICE errors, and 1603 errors (from the invalid path of the unneeded scanner).

I thought I remembered there being a way to merge MSI's together, but I can't remember how. If I am wrong, what is the "best" way to tackle this?
(1) Reply
sperrym wrote:
First I am still green to Admin studio Enterprise 8.6 despite my formal training.

I have a Virtual ReScan (VRS) 4.10 driver I am trying to package. It has multiple MSI's, the one I want to make a transform for is the Kofax VirtualRescan410.msi. However, testing the mst I create tells me I need to run the ISScript10.msi
If I run that, nothing happens without the Setup.exe
If I attempt to repackage the setup.exe into an irp with repackager, I get told I'm not suppose to use that on MSI's (I know that). If I ignore the advice and do it anyways, the MSI wont install xml files for a driver I personally don't care about and gives me alot of ICE errors, and 1603 errors (from the invalid path of the unneeded scanner).

I thought I remembered there being a way to merge MSI's together, but I can't remember how. If I am wrong, what is the "best" way to tackle this?

We repackage everything, except some Microsoft applications, because the quality of vendor MSI's is mostly lousy...
Repackaging such a application without any knowledge is pretty steep.
If you send me the vendor MSI's, I could give you some tips.

reg, Henno