cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non-Advertised shortcut -conversion stopped

I am trying to create a msi file for this app - Netsupport 10.5. When I try to build this project I get this log file. Then at the end I see Conversion stopped with one or more errors. How do I get a advertised shortcut or how can I exclude the shortcuts for the application to finish to have a msi installer?? 😞
Here is the log file information:
Starting conversion ...
Creating InstallShield project: G:\DEF\NSSTutor\MSI_Package\NetSupport School.ism
Creating InstallShield project: G:\DEF\NSSTutor\MSI_Package\NetSupport School.Context.ism
Reading repackager output file
Loading registry entries
Applying language 'English (code 1033)' to the project
Creating components for the files captured
Mapping registry information to the Advertising tables
Mapping COM data from registry information
Mapping Application IDs from registry information and writing to the AppId table
Mapping ProgIDs from registry information
Writing to the Class table
Mapping file extensions and MIME types from registry information to the Extension and Mime tables
Mapping shell extension verbs from registry information to the Verb table
Writing to the ProgId table
Mapping application paths from registry information
Mapping environment variables from registry information to the Environment table
Processing .INI file changes and writing to the IniFile table
Applying merge modules
Creating directory folders and writing to the CreateFolders table
Including merge module 'VC User gdiPlus RTL X86 ---' (C:\Program Files\AdminStudio\9.5\Repackager\Modules\i386\GDIPlus.msm)
Writing unmapped registry information to the Registry table
Writing information to the RemoveRegistry table
Writing information to the RemoveIniFile table
Writing information to the RemoveFile table
Creating shortcuts and writing to the Shortcut table

Building .context.msi package ...
A non-advertised shortcut must be created for NetSupport School in folder [ProgramFilesFolder]NetSupport\NetSupport School. Autorepair cannot be enabled for this shortcut.
A non-advertised shortcut must be created for NetSupport School in folder [ProgramFilesFolder]NetSupport\NetSupport School. Autorepair cannot be enabled for this shortcut.
The path '\\?\ROOT#DISPLAY#0001#{5B45201D-F2F2-4F3B-85BB-30FF1F953599}' appears to be a machine-specific path. The repackaged installation may not function if this path does not exist on client machines.
An unknown error occurred

Conversion stopped with one or more error(s).
(3) Replies
Hi there,

It seems like maybe the Context.msi package has a shortcut in it that Repackager is choking on.

Since it's actually the *.msi package at that point, I might as a workaround only build the *.ism project files, and then open the main *.ism (as opposed to *.context.ism) and build it from within InstallShield. This would skip the context package, which is really only useful for Virtualization.

If you'd like, you could upload the Repackager projects, as well as the copy of *.context.ism so I could look and see if there's anything obvious going on.
Hello,
I have also got the same problem with Adminstudio for one of my application , i have the errors as follows
Starting conversion ...
Creating InstallShield project: C:\Packages\xnview\MSI_Package\XNVIEW_1.92.0.0_US_1.0.ism
Creating InstallShield project: C:\Packages\xnview\MSI_Package\XNVIEW_1.92.0.0_US_1.0.Context.ism
Reading repackager output file
No INSTALLDIR definition was found in the Options.ini file. This may lead to unexpected results unless a suitable value exists in the project template.
Loading registry entries
Applying language 'English (code 1033)' to the project
Creating components for the files captured

Could some one help me
Thanks
I have the same issue only I have excluded everything from the install and still get the error. Here is a copy of the bottom part of the file:

Saving project file ...
Finished successfully.
A non-advertised shortcut must be created for [SystemFolder]cliconfg.exe in folder [ProgramFilesFolder]DOCSTAR\TECHDISK. Autorepair cannot be enabled for this shortcut.
A non-advertised shortcut must be created for Administrator Guide.pdf in folder [WindowsVolume]Users\All Users\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\docSTAR\Documentation. Autorepair cannot be enabled for this shortcut.
A non-advertised shortcut must be created for Barcode Guide.pdf in folder [WindowsVolume]Users\All Users\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\docSTAR\Documentation. Autorepair cannot be enabled for this shortcut.
A non-advertised shortcut must be created for DataLink Guide.pdf in folder [WindowsVolume]Users\All Users\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\docSTAR\Documentation. Autorepair cannot be enabled for this shortcut.
A non-advertised shortcut must be created for Disk Duplicator Guide.pdf in folder [WindowsVolume]Users\All Users\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\docSTAR\Documentation. Autorepair cannot be enabled for this shortcut.
A non-advertised shortcut must be created for docSTAR 3eleven Users Guide Addendum.pdf in folder [WindowsVolume]Users\All Users\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\docSTAR\Documentation. Autorepair cannot be enabled for this shortcut.
A non-advertised shortcut must be created for Fax Services Guide.pdf in folder [WindowsVolume]Users\All Users\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\docSTAR\Documentation. Autorepair cannot be enabled for this shortcut.
A non-advertised shortcut must be created for PackageWorks User Guide.pdf in folder [WindowsVolume]Users\All Users\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\docSTAR\Documentation. Autorepair cannot be enabled for this shortcut.
A non-advertised shortcut must be created for Print Import 5 User Guide.pdf in folder [WindowsVolume]Users\All Users\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\docSTAR\Documentation. Autorepair cannot be enabled for this shortcut.
A non-advertised shortcut must be created for Records Management User Guide.pdf in folder [WindowsVolume]Users\All Users\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\docSTAR\Documentation. Autorepair cannot be enabled for this shortcut.
A non-advertised shortcut must be created for ReportWorks Users Guide.pdf in folder [WindowsVolume]Users\All Users\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\docSTAR\Documentation. Autorepair cannot be enabled for this shortcut.
A non-advertised shortcut must be created for Users Guide.pdf in folder [WindowsVolume]Users\All Users\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\docSTAR\Documentation. Autorepair cannot be enabled for this shortcut.
A non-advertised shortcut must be created for DSClient.exe in folder [WindowsVolume]Users\All Users\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\docSTAR. Autorepair cannot be enabled for this shortcut.

Conversion stopped with one or more error(s).