cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merge Modules conflicting in Conflict Solver

Hi all,

Just wondering how, and if anyone has dealt with the problem of conflicts between Merge Modules within Conflict Solver?

I've also noticed that the current Merge modules available are quite out of date when compared against Win XP SP2. Are there any plans for newer versions any time soon?

Kind Regards
Scott
(2) Replies
I am becoming increasingly frustrated with reams of indicated conficts that come down to merge modules.

I have searched in vain to find a check box that will effectively ignore conflicts in merge modules.

When merge modules conflict with the base OS, there's not much that I can do about it but it does hide conflicts I can deal with in the noise.

I must be missing a fundmental principle somewhere because our conflict manager seems to be fairly useless. It always seems to come down to conflicts between things I cant change.
Macrovision does not believe in Merge Modules. (they're just components aren't they?)

Macrovision (as a company) does not repackage or use any kind of distribution tool. This means that not one person in the company uses Macrovision Flexnet InstallShield AdminStudio Platform (or whatever its called this week) on a day-to-day basis.

Since nobody in the company uses the software to do its job, nobody cares if it performs or not.

The mergemodules view in ConflictSolver has never even had a facelift since version 1 of the software. It is unloved and long-forgotten by the company.

The company has its shareholders to look out for. They are far more important than the software products.

I question whether there is any part of Conflict Solver that "solves" "conflicts". It lets you import MSIs and sync component codes and that's the only useful part.
Just accept that it is good for importing an MSI into SQL server, and write all the rest of the conflict stuff yourself based on the info in SQL server.
Its the only way. As you dig around you'll find the relevant tables where the useless and annoying messages you are seeing live.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
looeee