cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

when will we be able to have more edit power in msix editor  would be nice to be able to edit the read only to have more control of the app

(6) Replies
bkelly
By
Flexera Alumni

Thanks so much for reaching out. The intent has been to bring more and more capabilities with each release to provide more and more value (without waiting until it is "complete" to get it in your hands). With MSIX's slow adoption we've had less feedback than hoped and it has honestly resulted in us taking our foot of the gas a bit on getting the editor to where we want it to be. 

Can you (and anyone else reading this!) share the 2 or 3 areas you'd most like to see us make editable with a sentence or two about what kinds of edits you anticipate having such unlocked? That would help us enormously in prioritizing what matters most-- and with so little feedback, yours will carry a lot of weight!

Thanks!

thank you for the fast reply šŸ™‚ i was thinking for sure the app manifest would be good to have more access so we could edit the desktop logo and icons and also the visual asset would be another i love the signing part but would be also to be able to add your timestamp server  there like http://timestamp.globalsign.com/scripts/timstamp.dll for example 

Thanks for the detail and example, very helpful. Obviously the manifest view is a big effort as we need to keep the XML and what you see in rendered in the UI in sync, but that is most certainly where we are headed. 

wondering is flexera looking into possible wrapping of msix apps with powershell on import into adminstudio 

No, PSADT is looking for a silent command line which isn't directly applicable to MSIX. That said, you can install a MSIX with PowerShell directly with Add-AppPackage so we could definitely make it work. The thing is, the MSIX runs in its own virtual space so I'm not sure what benefits of PSADT would be applicable. There is no need to stop a running program so alerting the user should not be necessary.

Have you any specific scenarios in mind where PSADT would be relevant for an MSIX installation?

well right now we use  Add-AppPackage in PSADT when we deploy msix just gives a cleaner transition so you can remove apps that installers were exe or msi's