cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISUSPM causes System32 to open at startup

I'm using the re-packager in AdminStudio 9.5 to repackage some software installations.

I'm having a problem where after installing the created package on the client machine, the following regkey is added to HKCU, which is causing the windows/system32 folder to open in explorer.

“HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\” There is a key with the name “ISUSPM” and data set to “-scheduler”.

Is there a solution to this problem??
(4) Replies
Alpesh
By
Flexera Alumni
Hi,

Before creating the msi, open the irp file and exclude the registry entry from the captured registry entries. Save the irp file and then build msi.
Alpesh wrote:
Hi,

Before creating the msi, open the irp file and exclude the registry entry from the captured registry entries. Save the irp file and then build msi.

No, that's not it. I have the same problem. Unfortunately I caught this too late and I now have to clean up a couple of thousand computers.

Suddenly the repackager decided it should add the Flexnet connector merge module to my msi at build.

I didn't catch when this happened and all my projects worked fine when I tried them on a clean Win 7 virtual machine. As usual I restore my machine to its clean state before I try the next install. Suddenly I realised I had a shortcut that were not supposed to be there: The dreadful "Software Updates" icon.

I got a bad feeling in my stomach and sure enough: My last dozen builds or so were poisoned by this piece of beep.

Soon after the helpdesk came running, screaming at me!

Now I'm trying to clean up this mess while trying to figure out why it behaves this way.

The solution so far is to open my ism-files in Installshield, remove the merge module and rebuild them.
Adding the entry to the exclude doesnt help because its not part of the setup process. Like Andkar said it has to do with the Flexnet module being injected during the finalize process.

Unfortunately I don't own InstallShield, only AdminStudio, so I'm still stuck without any workaround at the moment.
What made AdminStudio start to inject this module in all packages I dont know but I checked the Build Log.txt and saw "Including merge module 'FLEXnet Connect with Software Manager' (C:\Program Files\AdminStudio\9.5\Repackager\Objects\fnc1160_full.msm)"
So I removed the two msm files from the Objects folder and problem solved.