cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICE03 invalid defaultdir string

I get the following error message when I run package validation:

ICE03 Error Invalid DefaultDir string; Table: Directory, Column: DefaultDir, Key(s): _.1.1 Directory DefaultDir _.1.1

Direct Editor display the following row:

Directory: _.1.1
Directory_parent: NATURAL
DefaultDir: 6.1.1

Directory name "6.1.1" is mandatory. How do I solve this ICE ?

Regards,

Michel
(14) Replies
In DefaultDir column, try entering as follows.
611|6.1.1
Just to add some clarification, Tsung's solution is adding the short path equivalent of your directory name.

Can you let me know if this was generated by repackager or editor so that I can investigate whether the internal code to test for the need for a short path failed.

Thanks!
David,

This was generated by the repackager.
i get the validation error listed below when i run package validation, please tell me a solution.
thank you!

ICE03 Error Invalid DefaultDir string; Table: Directory, Column: DefaultDir, Key(s): _.

Direct Editor display the following row:

Directory: _.
Directory_parent: DARE
DefaultDir: ..
You need to modify the value under DefaultDir column as short filename | long filename pairs. For information, please refer to Directory Table.
Even I am hitting the same issue. It would be great if any one can suggest workaround for this.

Thanks,
S
I am sorry, but... the workaround is indeed mentioned in this thread.
Can someone please help me wiht the short file name of
.autogen

Technically, any valid short filename will resolve ICE03 Error. But you may want to come up with something that makes sense.
TSungh,

I tried your solution of 611|6.1.1... even before asking for help... It didn't help in fixing the issue...
Below is the error that I am getting..

CE03 ERROR Invalid DefaultDir string; Table: Directory, Column: DefaultDir, Key(s): _.1.8
ICE03 ERROR Invalid DefaultDir string; Table: Directory, Column: DefaultDir, Key(s): _.1.81
ICE03 ERROR Invalid DefaultDir string; Table: Directory, Column: DefaultDir, Key(s): _.5.6
ICE03 ERROR Invalid DefaultDir string; Table: Directory, Column: DefaultDir, Key(s): _.4.2
ICE03 ERROR Invalid DefaultDir string; Table: Directory, Column: DefaultDir, Key(s): _.3.5
ICE03 ERROR Invalid DefaultDir string; Table: Directory, Column: DefaultDir, Key(s): _.3.6.3
ICE03 ERROR Invalid DefaultDir string; Table: Directory, Column: DefaultDir, Key(s): _.2.1
ICE03 ERROR Invalid DefaultDir string; Table: Directory, Column: DefaultDir, Key(s): _.1.3

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks,
S
I have no idea how you used the solution provided in your project. 611|6.1.1 is specific to Michel's problem, it does not make sense to use it verbatim in your project. You will have to come up with a pair of short filename and long filename for each and every ICE03 errors you encountered.
A simple question.
If you only run the application in 32bit windows environtment Do you need the short names? or can you ignor the ICE03 where lack of shortname is the problem.
ICE errors indicates potential or definitive points of failure during installation. Hence, ICE 03 Errors, under some scenarios, are capable of preventing installation from completing successfully. It is to your best interests in the long run to resolve all ICE errors.
Not to raise this from the dead, but...I was doing a search on ICE03 and came across this. For those that end up here doing a search...

To figure out the shortpath name of a directory, open a command prompt (Start->Run... and type in 'cmd' and hit 'OK') and do a 'dir /X' on a directory that contains a subdirectory with your longpath name. For example, in my instance to resolve this error, I had a DefaultDir in the Directory Table as:

v6.10.0

I created this directory in Windows Explorer, then used the command console and the 'dir /X' command to see that it is represented in short format as:

V610~1.0

Which removed that error. 🙂