cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to separate features from one single mail feature when repackaging?

Hi, I'm using AdminStudio 9 to repackage an InstallScript Setup.exe to a basic MSI package. When install the former Setup.exe I can get the screen to select which feature to install (2 of the features have been selected by default and cannot uncheck), after I run the repackager and get the MSI, I won't get the feature selecting window, then I opened the new-got ISM project with InstallShield, I found that all the components are associated with the one mail feature.
Since it's really hard for me to separate the features manually, could anyone tell me that is there any good ideas to get the new MSI separated features?
Thanks a lot!
(1) Reply
Try one of these…

Run the Repackager on the original setup again, on a clean machine or image, but this time don’t let it convert directly to an MSI. Once captured, open the IRP in the Repackager. You should get a window asking to run ‘Smart Scan’. Let it run Smart Scan. And in the next couple of screens it might show you the original feature tree. This is not an ideal solution and might not work but please do try it before we try the next thing.

The issue is that the feature tree in the ISScript is script generated unlike a native MSI feature tree is generated using static information from the MSI tables. This is where the features get lost.

Let me know what happens.

Thank you,
Bill V.