cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add license key in the package

Hi

I extracted the .msi file from the original setup.exe. this .msi is working fine. So i no need to go for repackage using repackager.
My requirement is how do i add the license key in the package. I tried ishield editor. In the property page I couldn't able to see any PIDKEY or ISSERIAL.

expecting reply from u guys.

Thanks in advance
Arun
(3) Replies
This often isn't possible if PIDKEY or ISSERIAL isn't working.
Is the license an enterprise license that you can reuse? If not, don't do this.
Can the license be added or changed after install? If so, try installing the application then running an INCTRL, then put in the license, and run an after scan. Put the result in a transform and give that a go.
Also, you could check the dialogs for the installation and see what property (if any) is being populated by the license key.
What application is it? Don't reinvent the wheel. If it's fairly common it'll be in the packaging database at appdeploy.com. Find out what others did first.
Hi

I have a option to add license after installation. I want to give the license information in the package itself.
INCTRL - it s a tool or you are talking about the installation monitoring method. The site appdeploy.com is so useful. thx.
If you mean that there's a menu option in the application that allows you to add the license, then open up the app and open the dialog box that allows you to add the license.
Then run an INCTRL snapshot (http://www.devhood.com/Tools/tool_details.aspx?tool_id=432)
Then add the license and run another snapshot. Then it will show you the reg /file differences.

You could also do this with an Installshield Repackager session.

Like I said, it doesn't always work.

Try Appdeploy first!

Cheers.