Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GroupWise and Rights

CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
Hi,

I have built an MSI for GroupWise 6.02 using the Repackager and Author tools. I login (as an admin rights user) and run Repackager. GroupWise installs Windows Messaging, reboots, and then installs GroupWise 6.02. Then I take the 2nd snapshot.

With admin rights - this works perfectly. However, without admin rights the users do not have rights to c:\WINNT\system32\ntmsdata\ntmsdata or c:\winnt\system32\wbem\repository. This causes it to reinstall over and over again (when clicking on the icon to run the program). If I make the user an administrator, or give them access to the folders in question - it works fine. AlwaysInstallElevated = 1 for HKLM and HKCU.

If I go in and give my user read access to those directories - it works perfectly. I can do this as a workaround, but I'd like to know if I'm doing something wrong, or if this is a limitation of AlwaysInstallElevated. Is there possibly something with the MSI building that I could do to get around this?

Thanks
(2) Replies
Delete everything from NTMSDATA, and WBEM folder under SystemFolder. Files under these 2 folders should not be in the repackaged installation. You might consider update the exclusion list to exclude files from these 2 folders.
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
It worked perfectly when I deleted the directories before rescan.

Thank you.