cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corel Draw 11 install problem

CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
I am trying to get corel draw Graphics Suite 11 to install. It comes as an MSI but it can only be installed via the setup.exe file. I have seen a post on the corel site that says I need to remove the action 'ISVerifyScriptingRuntime', which seems to work.

The other point it mentions is that several sub features in 'Writing tools' feature all install the same 3 merge modules and I would need to stop them being installed in order to get Active Dir to install the package.
My question concerns the merge modules. I can't seem to find them using developer. They don't seem to show up anywhere. Can anyone help me?

Clive
(7) Replies
For Adminstudio 3.5, launch the Developer IDE. In the view list, you should find Merge Modules under 'Configure the Target System'. The corresponding view in the right pane lists all the merge modules.
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
What if it doesn't appear? I have looked everywhere for it. Does it only appear if there are merge modules?

Clive
Actually, I am not sure if you don't see the merge modules view at all or you do'nt see the merge module in question not listed or checked in that view? BTW, This is the only place where you should see merge modules. If you don't see then probably the .msi doesn't have the merge modules.
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
So if you wanted to add a merge module and the merge module section wasn't there then how do you add one?

Clive
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
Clive:

A few questions to help clarify the issue.

1. What version of AdminStudio are you using?

2. Does the Merge Modules view not appear under Configure the Target System in Developer? The UI should look something like the attached file when you're in the view.

3. If you can see the Merge Modules view, do you see the merge modules you're looking for, or are they not displayed in the view?

-Eric
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
There is no merge module section on the left but in the right hand side there is a small section that mentions merge modules but it does nothing when I click on it.

Also, I had an email from a curtis sawin who has had problems with corel 11 as well. He says I need to change the attirbute column for the Draw11Suite feature to 8. Where???

Clive
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
I have managed to fix it, without needing the merge modules. Corel used v7.02 which, apparently, had problems. Have updated the MSI with ISScriptBridgeLarge.dll and made a few changes and it now installs.

Thanks for the help.

Clive