cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compare to WISE ?

We have been using WisePackage studio for the past 5 years, but are now looking at other products. Has anyone here switched from WISE or can compare the software to AdminStudio ?

Thank you.
(5) Replies
IS is much easier to use IMO.
WISE has SVS, don't know if IS has something like that. :cool:
I use both and they have pro's and cons... download the eval and see what you think..

I wouldnt say one was easier than the other to use..
Hi all,

I`ve started on Wise to work with, after 3 year working using it now I`m changing to AdminStudio also. Probably now it's easier to start AdminStudio than I was started to use Wise, because both of them uses the same technology (MSI) estructure.

I`m not confortable in AdminStudio yet, however it looks like more simple than Wise. My feel about these tool were, AdminStudio is faster than Wise to repackage legacy applications (repackage entire application)

However there some tasks that I`m still like Wise becuase it's easier to me.
Both are great tool. I suggest you to not move unless it's necessary, like a customer requests or something like that.
ha ha
how many views has this thread had? nearly 30,000 at the moment :eek:

I don't think it really matters which tool is easier to use, but which one is more powerful or better for making MSIs with. That tool is InstallShield, even though it is far from perfect.

If I were you I would continue to use Wise for conflict management as their tool is miles and miles better.
looeee wrote:
one is more powerful or better for making MSIs with. That tool is InstallShield, even though it is far from perfect.

Out of interest why do you think Installshield more powerful and better at creating MSI's