cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get auto update to work (secure proxy etc)

Ever since I installed adminstudio I have been unable to get updates. I am behind a secure proxy that requires authentication. I haven't been able to find a way to set up adminstudio to handle this.
(4) Replies
The Update Service had fixed an issue dealing with authenticated proxies in the 4.6 release. Unfortunately, AdminStudio 7 was not able to use that edition due to scheduling constraints. However, the next release of AdminStudio will use this edition of Update Service so you will no longer experience these kinds of issues.

In the mean time you can always access our hotfixes through the knowledge bace. Currently we have only one hotfix. In fact it will not be available throught the update service until later today.

http://support.installshield.com/kb/view.asp?articleid=Q111853
David Thornley wrote:
The Update Service had fixed an issue dealing with authenticated proxies in the 4.6 release. Unfortunately, AdminStudio 7 was not able to use that edition due to scheduling constraints. However, the next release of AdminStudio will use this edition of Update Service so you will no longer experience these kinds of issues.

In the mean time you can always access our hotfixes through the knowledge bace. Currently we have only one hotfix. In fact it will not be available throught the update service until later today.

http://support.installshield.com/kb/view.asp?articleid=Q111853

Thanks for the info. Just one thing, I am running Adminstudio 6, and you mention version 4.6 (of the Updater?) and Adminstudio 7.

I guess if the fixed Updater didn't make it into 7, then it isn't in my earlier version 6. 🙂 My question is, then, what options are available for me?
Just perform a search like this one on the website.
Marwan wrote:
Just perform a search like this one on the website.

No, I meant options to get the auto updater working.

There's sooo many little hotfixes, that I want to keep it up to date automatically. At the price we paid for this software, I don't think that's too much to expect.