cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bundling everything as Setup.exe

A package requires to be bundled as one Setup.exe, it has some scripts, .msi, .mst and some files required to be copied down the machine. I recommend to use a command line installation method but my client wants to create one executable (silent) that will take care of all (they don't want multiple files to see, just one). Here's an example:

filename1.ini
filename2.vbs
filename3.cmd
filename4.exe
filename5.dll
filename5.pdf
setup.exe
applicationname.msi
applicationname.mst

I will probably embed all of the files into the .mst and create one data1.cab file however I will still end up with more than one file to install.

A typical scenario was "filename3.cmd" would do all the required steps however like I mentioned earlier, everything needs to be bundled as one "Setup.exe" and installed as silent. All the user do is double click on it. I know some other tools can do this however I'm not aware if AdminStudio and the Editor is able to do this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
(2) Replies
If you can locate a copy, you could use Package For the Web for this (although this is no longer offered by InstallShield). Also, I've heard that the Winzip Self-Extractor is another option for accomplishing this.

I think I've ever heard that there's some windows component that will build packages like this (some quick googling turns up 'IExpress', although this may be incorrect).

In any case, there's lots of options. Good luck!
I think u can use realse wizard...
Pls do check it out..
Thanks and regards
sumit