cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
Hi,
I do not know how to use advertizement feature in .MSI. Can any body suggest me how should I can go ahead by enabling this feature.

Thanks
(4) Replies
see MSI Help as to how to do it. Normally you will pass /j parameter to MSI to advertise.
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
Your question is general in and so by necessity shall be my reponse. Without knowing your version of AdminStudio, I can only offer general information.

Advertisement is a property associated with the MSI 'Feature' Table. You can refer to the help for a description of the 'Feature' table and related topics on 'Advertisement'. You should also review the MSI help topic "The MSI Platform Support of Advertisement" to confirm that your destination platform will support advertisement.

In Developer, the advertisement properties are exposed through the Organization - Features view. Tuner has a similar view of the Feature properties.

Allen Saxton
InstallShield AdminStudio Development
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
Hi Allen

I am using Installshield Developer 8. Now can u suggase me how I can use Advertizement feature..

Thanks
Hi there,
it really boils down to if we are talking product advertisement or feature advertisement. Advertising the whole product goes through the advertisement sequence when you run your msi with /j.

Feature advertisement however is set from the custom setup dialog or in Developer by changing the Feature property 'Advertised' to Favor Advertise.

Hope it helps,
Marco
Top Kudoed Authors