Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio & Intune

SonnyLee
By Level 3 Flexeran
Level 3 Flexeran

Hi, 

I have a prospect who is evaluating AdminStudio & the Package Feed Module.  After following the product documentation on configuring AdminStudio with Intune, they received the following issue:  

SonnyLee_0-1720559574268.png

It does not seem to be able get the groups to populate to assign them.  What do you recommend? 

Thanks,

Sonny

(1) Reply

AdminStudio 2024 added the ability to make Group assignments to application from within the Application Manager. When said application is then published into Intune, these group assignments will be configured with the other App settings, streamlining the configuration of apps in Intune and making them available to the right users sooner.

However, this update requires some changes to the API permissions that need to be configured within Intune in order for AdminStudio to support this new capability

Previously Required

Only the DeviceManagementApps.ReadWrite.All permission set with Type: Delegated

Now Required

1.) Add/update the DeviceManagementApps.ReadWrite.All permission set with Type: Application

• If you have the previous configuration, then you'll need to remove it and re-request it as an Application permission.

2.) Add the Group.ReadWrite.All permission and set it to Type: Application (net new permission not needed previously)

You'll need to set the type by choosing Application Permissions when you request each API permission.

We've updated the product doc in the AdminStudio 2024 Product Help to reflect these updates and include a screenshot to help illustrate what it should look like for your Intune tenant.

We regret any confusion or issues arising from this omission.

Expert Flexeran on AdminStudio, Workflow Manager, and Software Vulnerability Manager / Research
If I've answered your question, please mark my response as "Accept as Solution" to help others find answers. Thanks!