cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio - Repackager

I am evalulating AdminStudio for use at our company to repackage existing packages into MSI's. So far I really like the software, its best I have used in terms of features. Howver, I haven't been able to get even one package to convert. The first one I have attempted was originally an Install Shield package, and it appears the repackager can deconstruct it and repackage easily.

After I get to the last stage of the repackager and try to build my package I get:

Monday, April 23, 2012 03:48:29PM

Starting conversion ...
Creating InstallShield project: C:\Packages\MSI_Package\AMS.ism
Creating InstallShield project: C:\Packages\MSI_Package\AMS.Context.ism
Reading repackager output file
Loading registry entries
Unrecognized line in .nir file.

Conversion stopped with one or more error(s).

I searched the forum and found one other messages referring to the .nir files not being properly escaped. However I cannot find an nir file on my system.

Any tips or ideas where to go from here?

Thanks.
(2) Replies
Problem is in the file with extension .isr with registry entry bad formated.

Find any entry that don't comply with the examples below. I notice that this problem occurs with graphic card drivers.

[HKEY...1]
"entry1"="value1"
"entry2"="value2"

[HKEY...2]
Darwin1 wrote:
Problem is in the file with extension .isr with registry entry bad formated.

Find any entry that don't comply with the examples below. I notice that this problem occurs with graphic card drivers.

[HKEY...1]
"entry1"="value1"
"entry2"="value2"

[HKEY...2]

Hey, thanks for the tip. I was looking for .nir files. Once I found the .isr I noticed the bad entry right away, corrected it and my packaged built just fine.

Thanks again.