cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio 3.01 can't deselect Setup.exe option

CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
I've created a brand new, standard install package (fairly simple) and can't get it to build withouth creating a Setup.exe.

The option to deselect this in the Release Wizard is checked AND greyed out.

I went ahead and built the MSI anyway, but attempts to run the .MSI file result in a message stating that "This installation can not be run by directly launching the msi package. You must run setup.exe".

Our shop requires all packages to be uncompressed, .MSI packages only because of the way they are being deployed through Active Directory.

I've opened up other projects in AdminStudio and can deselect the generate Setup.exe option with no problem.

Any ideas?
(2) Replies
check in the tools menu and see if "convert to standard project" is greyed out too.

If it is, it stiffed you and created an installshield package anyway. done it to me a couple of times. You will have to just start over. fun huh..

the only way the installer is greyed out is if it is an installshield package.
I believe that you are using a standard project in Developer. This project gives you the capability to use InstallScript for creating a script based setup. However, if you want pure MSI, always choose a basic MSi project.

If you do have standard projects, you can convert them to MSI project by using the following tool as described in the KB section of our support site. Here is the link to the article:

http://support.installshield.com/kb/view.asp?pcode=WIND700E&articleid=Q105871

If you cannot access this link search for article: Q105781 or
HOWTO: Converting a Standard Project to a Basic MSI Project

When searching for AdminStudio related KB articles, please search in Developer areas as well.