cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio 11.5

Hi,

According to the website AdminStudio 11.5 has been released.

Where can i obtain the setup files?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
Fabio
(14) Replies
dilorenzo wrote:
According to the website AdminStudio 11.5 has been released.

The 11.5 version is not yet available for download, but it should be soon.
Evan Border wrote:
The 11.5 version is not yet available for download, but it should be soon.

Is there an estimated timeframe?

Because im currently setting up our AdminStudio Environment and it would be a bit senseless if a new release is right around the corner.

Regards,
Fabio
dilorenzo wrote:
Is there an estimated timeframe?

Because im currently setting up our AdminStudio Environment and it would be a bit senseless if a new release is right around the corner.

Understood. I'm not able to say much, but if you need to have something up in the next few days, use 11.0.
Customer notices with download information for AdminStudio suite 11.5 will be sent on Monday, July 16th.
AdminStudio 11.5 is now available to download.

You can get it by registering for a free trial
here
Is Wise Script Editor now included?
perryjl wrote:
Is Wise Script Editor now included?

No, the WiseScript Editor is not yet integrated into AdminStudio. It sounds like that will end up in a service pack. It will be available exclusively for customers who purchased "AdminStudio for Symantec".
If i goto shop.flexerasoftware.com and enter my order number and serial i still get 11.0.

Do i need to "register" and download the above (http://learn.flexerasoftware.com/content/AR-EVAL-AdminStudio) eval version, or will 11.0 update to 11.5 after installation?
Thanks for the info. Do you know when the SP will be availalble approximately? Also, any insite on the long-term plans for Wise Script Editor would be appreciated. I'm trying to figure out how long we can continue to use this.
Mistral wrote:
If i goto shop.flexerasoftware.com and enter my order number and serial i still get 11.0.

Do i need to "register" and download the above (http://learn.flexerasoftware.com/content/AR-EVAL-AdminStudio) eval version, or will 11.0 update to 11.5 after installation?

AdminStudio 11.5 should accept your 11.0 serial number. I'm not sure why you're not seeing the 11.5 bits on the website. The fastest way for you to get those bits is to use the .lnk that I posted earlier and register for the eval...you'll instantly get an e-mail that will have a download link for 11.5. You will be able to activate 11.5 using your existing serial number.

Actually, now that I think about it, the reason that 11.5 isn't showing on your account may be due to (what I think they call) Maintenance Fullfillment. I believe that, if you care about your account showing that you're on 11.5, you'll need to call support and request a maintenance fullfillment to version 11.5 (this assumes that you are current on maintenace).

****Update****
I think I misread your message a little...If you're asking if AdminStudio 11.0 will automagically install the 11.5 update, no. It will not. You need to download the 11.5 install. You needn't bother uninstalling 11.0, as the installation of 11.5 will automatically handle that for you.
perryjl wrote:
Thanks for the info. Do you know when the SP will be availalble approximately? Also, any insite on the long-term plans for Wise Script Editor would be appreciated. I'm trying to figure out how long we can continue to use this.

WiseScript will be a Flexera Software language that we will continue to support and develop. Initially it will only be made available to customers of "AdminStudio for Symantec", but it will play a wider role at some future point (I don't know how long it will be exclusive to the Symantec edition.)

Current WiseScript users should assess how painful it would be to migrate to a different language (InstallScript, Winbatch, Powershell, vbscript, C#, VB, etc.) Vs. waiting for WiseScript to become part of AdminStudio. Keep in mind that Wise Package Studio licenses don't expire...there's no reason that your existing Wise-licensed packagers can't continue using WiseScript from Package Studio.

I would think that "AdminStudio for Symantec" will get the WiseScript update later this year via some sort of update to AdminStudio 11.5 (not sure if it will be called a Service Pack.) But I'm not part of the dev team and have no special inside knowledge of that schedule.
I am just downloading the 11.5 Eval Version.

Before I enter the key ...
AdminStudio 10 > 1GB
AdminStudio 11 > 1GB
AdminStudio 11.5 ~ 550MB

am I missing something, or did you an incredible clean-up job?

@Edit:
Ok ... looks like SQL Express is not included anymore.
Mistral wrote:
I am just downloading the 11.5 Eval Version.

Before I enter the key ...
AdminStudio 10 > 1GB
AdminStudio 11 > 1GB
AdminStudio 11.5 ~ 550MB

am I missing something, or did you an incredible clean-up job?

@Edit:
Ok ... looks like SQL Express is not included anymore.

🙂 There's a few reasons.

1) We're using Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 Extended instead of the much larger 3.5.1.

2) The 11.5 download does not include the AES.exe (Workflow Manager / AdminStudio Enterprise Server) install.

3) As you point out, we're no longer including SQL Express.

And I'm sure there are other things that I'm not even aware of that contribute to the reduced download size.
Evan Border wrote:

Keep in mind that Wise Package Studio licenses don't expire...there's no reason that your existing Wise-licensed packagers can't continue using WiseScript from Package Studio.

so instead of starting my own thread thought i would expand here...

so what is the benefit of going to
AdminStudio for Symantec for the WiseScript part
vs
keeping WiseScript v8?

We utilize WiseScript for mainly everything and when I started at my company we last year we were on WiseScript v7 so I moved us to WiseScript v8 to find out about AdminStudio. We use Symantec Management Platform (aka Altiris Notification Server 6) so we are a Symantec Customer.

When I logged into fileconnect.symantec.com I saw the link for AdminStudio but it points to v11 (@1.x gb)... and reading here i see that it does not included WiseScript so cancelled that download and am downloading 11.5 from Flexera and have an email into my symantec rep to figure out what else we need to get the WiseScrtipt for Symantec....