cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activate AdminStudio11

Hello,

I have purchased AdminStudio11 and installed it on a virtual machine to be able to repackage a software. And later i would like to edit the repackaged MSI-file using InstallShield on my host computer but then i got "activation error 20653".

It says it is in use on another computer!!!

Is it true i cant install it on two different machines? How am i supose to work? Should i reinstall my host everytime i want to repackage?

It also says that i can uninstall the Adminstudio on the other computer to return the licensekey but that does not work. Still same error!

What should i do? Buy another license everytime i change computer?

Please Help

ADMINSTUDIO PROFESSIONAL 8.0 XPLAT PER NODE BNDL STD LIC EXPRESS BAND S STANDARD 12 MONTHS

ADMINSTUDIO PROFESSIONAL 8.0 XPLAT PER NODE I/O STANDARD 12 MONTHS
(2) Replies
The process is pull the shortcut from your hosts installation of Repack.exe into the VM it is located at "C:\Program Files\AdminStudio\10.0\Repackager" and use this to snapshot or you should install the Standalone repackager and use this this to create the snapshot the standalone repackager can compile the MSI or if you use the Repack.exe you take the the files it creates out of the VM and open them up in your installation of install shield then compile MSI.

As for the issue you have now there is method to deactivate the license say your VM install and activate it on your host. Below is a FAQ whch has a step by step on how to do this.

http://helpnet.flexerasoftware.com/installshield18helplib/mergedProjects/installshield18verification/VerificationFAQs.htm
Hi Bartoo,

I guess you are a former Wise Package Studio user.
You do not need to install AdminStudio on the "Clean Machine"
instead , just point to the "repack.exe" on your AdminStudio machine to do the repackaging work.

Or use the stand-alone or Remote Repackager option.

Furthermore I'd recommend the Wise Conversion training (3 days) to bring you up to speed .

http://www.pds-site.com/Training/iscaswps