The June 2020 update of the Spider Software Services is now available.
All components are available in our Product and License Center.
We published Version 1.2006.1 some days ago. This version of the Spider Data Collector (SDC) and Spider Recognition contained an error in the setup, whereby the existing installation was not recognized. Several error messages appear during installation. If these are ignored and the setup is continued, the configuration files can be lost! The setup must therefore be canceled at this point! If it has been executed to the end, the configuration files must be checked and support contacted if necessary.
The current version 1.2006.2 (June 2020 Patch) of the Spider Data Collector now contains a corrected setup and is available for download. This version can be used to update installations with version 1.2005 and older.
If version 1.2006.1 of the SDC was used for the initial installation, the configuration files must be saved and the installation removed completely. Then a new installation with version 1.2006.2 must be carried out and the configuration must be transferred from the saved configuration files.
If you have installed Spider Recognition or Spider Data Collector (SDC) version 1.2006.1, please contact our support team for further assistance.
Highlights of the June update
- Additional file scan filters have been added to all database-based data connectors. Some files that are not required are no longer exported, which makes the export files smaller and speeds up processing. These are not carried out on the databases. This previously led to significant performance problems. The filters now are combined with the writing of the export file.
- In this version, the database-based connectors also support the encrypted passwords, as was already possible with the API-based connectors
- The Hyper-V connector has been expanded. Server hostnames of other Windows-based Hyper-V hosts can be specified via an additional configuration file so that they are inventoried one after the other with just one execution of the connector.
- Office 365 Enterprise F1 (Named-User) renamed to Office 365 Enterprise F3 (Named-User)
The Recognition Catalog contains normalization and recognition capabilities for more than
- 2.552.000 inventoried programs,
- 88.200 software publisher,
- and 5.971.000 inventoried files.
For more details please check the change notes.
Software and SKU Catalog
TheSoftware Catalog contains more than 954.800 relevant and normalized articles (SKUs) of software licenses and maintenances and more than 59.700 license relevant product versions.
Summary of the supplemented catalog items:
- Articles (SKUs): 6.613
- Versions: 484
Spider Data Collector
The Spider Data Collector (SDC) provides a set of connectors to 3rd party inventory for an out-of-the-box collection of computers, software, users, virtualization, and many more.
Please check the Spider Data Collector User Manual for a full reference of all connectors.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.