Spider 6.4.0 update is available
Release Date: 2018-08-08
The new version of Spider has been released: Spider 6.4.0! Please see the included improvements and corrections below.
To be notified of these kinds of product updates, please ensure that you have subscribed to the Spider Release blog.
- A new user interface concept for searches was introduced including a new filter area, groupings, and graphical evaluations. IMPORTANT: For customer-specific search views, the upgrade notes regarding the fields "MandatorID", "LegalEntityID" and "sysArchived" must be strictly observed!
- A new REST standard-based Web API has been introduced, which is now an integral part of every Spider installation. (For more information, see the chapter "Web API" in the document "Spider - Technical Reference".)
- A new authorization concept allows the combination of multiple roles to profiles.
- In the Service Journal, the activities of the individual Spider Services are logged. So far, there was no function to clean up the journal of legacy data. Now all service journal entries older than 3 months are automatically deleted.
- The administration pages for the documentation entries have been revised to better match the usual user guidance.
- The support information displayed on the info page was previously only language-dependent. Now a language and country-specific configuration can be configured. Instead of the two-letter language code, a combination of two-letter language code and two-letter country code must be specified in such a case.
- The minimum requirement for installing Spider 6.4 is the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2.
- The minimum requirement for installing Spider 6.4 is Microsoft SQL Server 2012.
- The minimum requirement for installing Spider 6.4 is Microsoft Windows Server 2012.
- Spider 6.4 provides a new GDPR employee information page and a new GDPR self-information page for users.
- The default configuration for the employee object has been reduced. The following fields are no longer delivered and will be removed when updating from Full-Update Editions to Spider 6.4. The fields remain in the data table. All permission and visibility have been removed. If there is a customer-specific purpose that justifies processing the data, for customers using the Flex edition of Spider it is still possible to display and the fields in question:
- StaffNo (Active Directory: StaffNo)
- PhoneNo (Active Directory: PhoneNo)
- MobilePhoneNo (Active Directory: MobilePhoneNo)
- The default configuration for the asset object has been reduced. The following fields contain additional technical information for which there is no specific use in the standard. These fields are no longer removed and will be removed when Spider 6.4 is updated from Full-Update editions. The fields remain in the data table. All permission and visibility have been removed. If there is a customer-specific purpose that justifies processing the data, for customers using the Flex edition of Spider it is still possible to display and the fields in question:
- MacAddress 1-4
- The asset classes "Azure Server" and "Azure Client" have been added to the default configuration.
- Standard reports were supplemented for a portfolio evaluation of the software products used. The Software Services now include UNSPSC classifications per software product. The portfolio analysis allows filtering according to defined UNSPSC classes and a multi-level drill-down.
- Overall overview according to UNSPSC classes
- Overview software products according to UNSPSC classes
- Overview installations for software products with UNSPSC
- The product and article catalog will be released and installed together with the recognition module in the future.
- The automatied assignment of Software Packages to Assets is now also possible through AD group membership of AD computers.
- The calculation of the overview of Subscriptions (cloud) has been fundamentally redesigned so that a significant speed improvement could be achieved.
- The Data Collector download page provides cloud customers with the ability to download the Data Collector directly from the Spider interface. Previously, the files had to be stored on the application server. Now the files can be uploaded directly in the administration area of the Spider user interface. A copy operation on the application server is no longer required.
License Metric Procedures (LMP)
- For selected products from Red Hat Linux and Suse Linux Enterprise Server, an automatic license requirement calculation has been supplemented by a separate license metric procedure. Linux products are subscription models that can be used on physical, virtual or even cloud systems, depending on the product. The following products are supported:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server (Product Specific)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server for Virtual Datacenter (Product Specific)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server incl. Smart Management (Product Specific)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server for Virtual Datacenter incl. Smart Management (Product Specific)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server Entry Level (Product Specific)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server Entry Level incl. Smart Management (Product Specific)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server for HPC (Product Specific)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server for IBM Power (Product Specific)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server for IBM Power incl. Smart Management (Product Specific)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server for IBM System z (Product Specific)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server for IBM System z incl. Smart Management (Product Specific)
- Suse Linux Enterprise Server for x86-64 (Product Specific)
- Suse Linux Enterprise Server for x86-64 unl.VM (Product Specific)
- Suse Linux Enterprise Server for POWER (Product Specific)
- Suse Linux Enterprise Server for ARM (Product Specific)
- Suse Linux Enterprise Server for ARM unl.VM (Product Specific)
- For the Abbyy FineReader product versions, suite definitions have been added that do not require additional licenses for concurrently installed and suite-containing products. Suite Definitions have been added for the following product versions:
- FineReader Corporate Concurrent-User
- FineReader 1 Corporate Concurrent-User
- FineReader 1 Professional Device
- FineReader 2 Corporate Concurrent-User
- FineReader 2 for ScanSnap Device
- FineReader 2 Professional Device
- FineReader 3 Corporate Concurrent-User
- FineReader 3 for ScanSnap Device
- FineReader 3 Professional Device
- FineReader 4 Corporate Concurrent-User
- FineReader 4 for ScanSnap Device
- FineReader 4 Professional Device
- FineReader 5 Corporate Concurrent-User
- FineReader 5 Office User
- FineReader 5 for ScanSnap Device
- FineReader 5 Professional Device
- FineReader 6 Corporate User, Concurrent-User
- FineReader 6 Professional Device
- FineReader 7 Corporate User, Concurrent-User & Device
- FineReader 7 for ScanSnap Device
- FineReader 7 Professional Device
- FineReader 8 Corporate User, Concurrent-User & Device
- FineReader 8 Professional Device
- FineReader 9 Corporate User, Concurrent-User & Device
- FineReader 9 Professional Device
- FineReader 10 Corporate Site, User, Concurrent-User & Device
- FineReader 10 Home Device
- FineReader 10 Professional Device
- FineReader 11 Corporate User, Concurrent-User & Device
- FineReader 11 Professional Device
- FineReader 12 Corporate User, Concurrent-User & Device
- FineReader 12 Professional Device
- FineReader 14 Corporate Site, User, Named-User, Concurrent-User & Device
- FineReader 14 Enterprise User, Named-User, Concurrent-User & Device
- A "Suites and other bundles definition lists" report has been added to show the definition of suites and other lists of products used by the LMPs for the automatic license requirement calculation. The report enables filtering and displays the product definitions containing those suites and bundles. For example, it is possible to determine which products are part of a suite definition, or for which product versions a specific calculation is used.
Oracle Database Services
- The integration of the data center module (eRunbook Appliance) has been completely reworked. Datacenter modules can be registered via the Spider Web UI. With Spider multi-tenant systems, the data center functionality can be set for each tenant separately. The new multi-platform inventory components deliver their data alternatively to a Spider Data Collector (SDC) or a Columbus Infrastructure. The further processing of the inventory data is fully automatic.
- On systems with large amounts of data, there was a malfunction of bulk imports through which the IDs of the imported records could not be validated. This mistake was particularly noticed with the bulk import of recognized products. Nevertheless, it could also affect other objects such as software associations.
- The error handling in the case of non-accessible databases had to be revised. An incorrect error message was displayed under certain circumstances.
- With the bulk import of licenses and maintenances, assigned contracts could not be imported.
- The overview of the subscription (cloud) could not be opened because of a time-out error.
- The summary of recognized products also summed up installations of assets with an inactive status. The detail list, on the other hand, only showed installations of status-active assets, so there was a difference. This has been changed: The overview will also only show installations of status-active assets in the future.
License Metric Procedures (LMP)
- For the Microsoft 365 E3 / E5 products, the definition of containing products has been completed. For employees, no additional licensing requirements will be calculated for a separately assigned Office 365 E3 / E5 or a user-licensed Windows Enterprise, as they are already covered via Microsoft 365.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.