cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
softworkz
Level 2

warning : -6245: How to get rid of this warning?

Hi,

we are using InstallShield LE with Visual Studio 2010 and are building with TFS 2010.

We are building a SingleImage release without setup (= plain MSI file).

When building we receive the warning: warning : -6245: One or more of the project's components contain .NET properties that require the .NET Framework. It is recommended that the release include the .NET Framework.

I have read the other posts where it is suggested to include .NET as a prerequisite. This does not work in our case because when doing so we receive an error that prerequites cannot be used without a setup.exe. (because we are producing a plain msi file only)

How can we get rid of this error? I have selected all files and set ".NET Scan at Build" to "None".

Though, the warning still occurs... What else can we do to avoid this warning?

Thanks,

Matthias
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
SwethaRao
Level 7

0 Kudos
chiranjeevi
Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Hello,

One reason is that you can't install an MSI-based install from within an MSI based install. Another is that prerequisites almost always require admin privileges, but application setups sometimes don't.

However, there are some alternate methods to achieve this using bootstrappers (again they are .exes in nature)

Please refer the below links for more information using bootstrappers:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/7eh4aaa5(v=VS.90).aspx
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/8st7th1x(v=vs.90).aspx

Thanks~
Chiranjeevi
0 Kudos
softworkz
Level 2

Hi,

and thanks for the replies.

Probably I did not state clearly enough what I actually want:

- We don't want a bootstrapper, just plain msi (application is installed through Windows group policy)
- We don't want to install .NET Framework alongside with our application (all clients do have this installed anyway)
- We just want to get rid of the warning (to have clean TFS build logs)

Nice to have would be to have a launch condition for .NET but that's not really important.

Thanks again,

softworkz
0 Kudos