cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnLussmyer
Level 3

setup.exe not using specified icon

Jump to solution

I've configured our project to use a specific .ico file for the setup.exe.
It's not being used.
I've done some searches and found that there are probably some requirements or limitations on what .ico files may be used.
What are those requirements?

The one we were using for other tasks is a large .ico (256x256) which the other programs just scale to fit.
Is there a specific size icon file that is needed?
Basic MSI project

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Solution

It started working after I had to renamethe .ISM project file . Then I had to move it to another folder, which broke the relative paths to the .ico file in the project. I fixed those and AGAIN it isn't using our icon for the setup.exe file. This is ridiculous. Not happy at all.

View solution in original post

(8) Replies
JohnLussmyer
Level 3

I tried a 32x32 icon, and that didn't work either.

0 Kudos
varul
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Thanks for your post.

Could you please share the  specific icon file you have used in your project.

So it will be helpful for us in reproduction or for further investigation.

You can also contact support and raise a case.

A case will allow us to submit an issue request, if necessary, for tracking purposes. If you have a valid, active, unexpired technical support contract (maintenance plan), could you please open a case with our Support Team, about this issue, by email at support@revenera.com

0 Kudos

Sure, attached. Hmm, you don't all .ico files.  So I'll zip it.

0 Kudos
varul
Revenera Moderator

Hi @JohnLussmyer 

We are not seeing any issue with the attached ico file, Please refer attached screenshot.

What version of installshield version you are using?

0 Kudos

2022 R1
I don't see any warnings/errors about the icon file in the log, but the resulting setup.exe doesn't use the icon.
Would a log help?
Or I could open a support ticket now.

0 Kudos
varul
Revenera Moderator

Hi @JohnLussmyer : Log will not help in this specific issue, Please check with a new project, if you face the same issue with sample as well, 

Then try to repair or uninstall and then reinstall installshield and then try again, Because we are not seeing the same issue in IS2022R1, 

You can also try to upgrade Installshield to 2022R2 or Install IS2022 in a clean machine and do a build in eval version and verify icon are displayed for setup.exe or not.

https://community.flexera.com/t5/InstallShield-News/InstallShield-2022-R2-is-Now-Available/ba-p/258505

0 Kudos
jeffhuckins
Level 3

I'm having the same issue with the same version of InstallShield with Basic MSI. I've attached the icon file. It works find for the installed shortcuts.

0 Kudos

It started working after I had to renamethe .ISM project file . Then I had to move it to another folder, which broke the relative paths to the .ico file in the project. I fixed those and AGAIN it isn't using our icon for the setup.exe file. This is ridiculous. Not happy at all.