cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

download prerequisite

I am trying to prepare a distribution file for a relatively simple Windows application which uses Microsoft reports.
The Install shield program has “Installshield prerequisite” files, some of which are shown as “Needs to be downloaded”. As an example, I know that I need “Microsoft Report Viewer 2010” When I right click on this and select “Download selected item” the dialog box comes up “The download failed: make sure you are running as administrator. Would you like to try again?” I have double checked – I am running as administrator, and try again does not work???
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
DebbieL
Level 17

The reason you may be encountering that error is that you are probably running Visual Studio (and hence InstallShield) without elevated privileges. Downloading prerequisites requires elevated privileges, since the downloads are copied to a subfolder in the Program Files folder. This is explained in the InstallShield Help Library that is installed with InstallShield Limited Edition: InstallShield Limited Edition for Visual Studio 2010 > Launching InstallShield with vs. Without Administrative Privileges. That help topic also explains how to launch Visual Studio with Admininstrator privileges; this should resolve the issue.

I hope that helps.
0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi DebbieL
Thank you very much. That helped a lot. I had not realised that "Administrative Privileges" was not the same as logging into my compter as administrator
Thanks Again
0 Kudos