cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deepakzworld
Level 4

InstallShield 2010 and 2009 on the same machine

Hi,
I have InstallShiled 2010 and 2009 installed on the same dev machine. They both share the same license from the license server. However, I installed IS 2009 after installing IS 2010.
My problem is that every .ism project file that I try to open, IS attempts to open it in IS 2009 environment. Is it because I installed IS 2009 after IS 2010?
How can I get this fixed so that the default environment is IS 2010 and not 2009?
I was thinking of uninstalling IS 2010 and then re-installing it, but want to wait and see if I can get a smarter way around it through this forum 🙂

Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

I haven't tried it, but perhaps see if repairing the InstallShield 2010 installation will do it?

(In general, the OS should also have a mechanism for changing the default file type owner; in Windows XP, for example, it's Tools > Folder Options > File Types > type > Advanced and editing to point to the desired executable...)
0 Kudos
Christopher_Pai
Level 16

It's always irked me that InstallShield doesn't have a Version Selector pattern like Visual Studio. I finally did something about it recently and wrote one. I redirected the ISM extension to my program and query it ( support both binary and xml ) to get the schema and then pass it off to the correct version of InstallShield.
0 Kudos