cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mescalero
Level 7

cannot access Installshield help library topics

In another Installshield adventure, many of the help library topics I'm trying to access are returning nothing more than blank (or at best, incomplete) screens. This is Installshield 2009.

Is there an htm file somewhere that controls this? Could it be related to the site maintenance Acresso performed this past weekend?

Thanks for any information.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
DebbieL
Level 17

Can you post a screen shot of what you see?

Where is the help that you are trying to access? Is this the help that is installed with InstallShield 2009? (Or are you trying to access the help that is posted at HelpNet? Or maybe the help that is displayed in search results from the Support Web site?)

If you are trying to access the help that is installed locally on your machine: What do you see in the help viewer? Are you using the Contents tab, the Index tab, or the Search tab to see the help? Are you trying to press F1 or click a help button somewhere within InstallShield, and the help is displaying blank pages? Can you successfully open and view other .chm files (from other vendors) on your machine?
0 Kudos
Mescalero
Level 7

Hi Debbie,

Thank you for your response. It occurred when using the Index and Search tabs on my local machine. However, this morning I ran a repair of Installshield, and the problem has cleared up: I can view help topics with no issue. If it is of interest, what I was seeing were the words "Help Library" at the top left (next to the open book icon), two green "page-turning" arrows at the top right, and nothing else, simply a blank page.

Sorry for the trouble, but thank you for your feedback.
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

Ah, I'm glad you were able to resolve that. Thanks for the update.
0 Kudos