cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DPulaski
Level 3

How to use Merge Module custom actions in MSI project?

I have a basic MSI project which uses a custom merge module authored by another organization. I can add this merge module to my project and it functions as expected for the most part, but I have a need to be able to explicitly call actions contained in the merge module from a CA in my UI sequence.

My problem is, I can't figure out how to access the merge modules's custom actions from within my installer project to add them to my sequence. If I open the .msm directly in another instance of Installshield, I can see the actions, but I can't see them in the install project to which I added the merge module as a redistributable.

I've spent hours combing the Installshield documentation and can't see where this is mentioned.

What am I missing?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

In the Sequences part of the view, you'll want to right click the sequence or an action in the sequence, and click Insert. Then in the dropdown at the top, select Merge Module Custom Actions. If you've already added the merge module to your project, its custom actions should show up in this list.
0 Kudos