cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hkjang
Level 4

Patch doesn't uninstall all the file if uninstall from base product???

I have the following senario, where 6.0.0, 6.0.1, and 6.1.0 are ALREADY released.
Base Prodcut (6.0.0) -> QuickPatch (6.0.1) -> Major upgrade (6.1.0) -> Major upgrade (6.2.0).
After we released 6.1.0, we found out that not all the files get uninstalled during uninstallation.
The problem seems to be the QuickPatch (6.0.1). After installing 6.0.1 on 6.0.0, then try to uninstall 6.0.0 (without uninstalling 6.0.1 first), some files are left behind.
So, if we do 6.0.0 -> 6.0.1 -> 6.1.0, then uninstall 6.1.0, those files are still left behind.
If I just install 6.1.0 without any prior versions, uninstallation works fine.
We are going to release 6.2.0 sometime this month.
IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO TO GET RID OF THOSE FILES IN 6.2.0 SETUP DURING THE MAJOR UPGRADE BEFORE INSTALLING THE NEW ONE????
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
gprasadholla
Level 4

Did you modify any of the file in patch through some VB script? Or some other tool? If any of the istalled file is modified outside the installer(thorugh some custom code) installer will not uninstall it...

for ex. if you have web.config and modify it.. installer doesnt remove it during uninstall.

If you have already done so... it think you should be writing some script and removing it. I cant think of anything else..
0 Kudos
hkjang
Level 4

some files are modified during installation, such we web.config, but I have problem with binaries.
some dll files are not uninstalled....
0 Kudos