Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrCooky
Level 2

Windows Server 2008 - ERROR 2727: SUPPORTDIR missing in Directory Table

Hello!

Installshield 2009 is used

Problem: Error 2727. The directory entry 'SUPPORTDIR' does not exist in the DirectoryTable. (see screenshot)

What I tried until now is to put the SUPPORTDIR property int the 'SecureCustomProperties' property but this does not help.

Does someone know how to fix this?

The setup worked fine with Windows XP and Server 2003.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Franz
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
girishkatti123
Level 7

Is any of your component refer to SUPPORTDIR, If yes this SUPPORTDIR entry is missing from your directory table.

Adding an entry to the Directory table
Navigate to the Direct Editor view.
Select the Directory table.
Add a new entry by clicking the last blank row in the table.
In the Directory column of this new row, type the name of the property displayed in the error message.
Fill in the Directory_Parent and DefaultDir columns appropriately. For more information on filling in these columns, see the Windows Installer Help Library topic Using the Directory Table.
0 Kudos
MrCooky
Level 2

Hello!

Thanks for the fast answer.
Yes, there is a Custom Action which runs a tool in the supportdir of the MSI setup during the installation of the files.
I have a second Custom Action which runs a script and uses the supportdir in the dialog part of the setup. There it works.

But what I am missing now is how does the SUPPORTDIR property in the directory table is initialized and with what value?

Is this value taken from the SecureCustomProperties where SUPPORTDIR is part of?

Thanks & Best Regards,

Franz
0 Kudos
girishkatti123
Level 7

have a look at the MSI log file for more detials i.e verbose logging.
You come to know from where the custome action is taking value for SUPPORTDIR.
0 Kudos