cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ruslan_Gilmutdi
Level 3

Unable to execute support files

Hi!
I've upgraded InstallShield X project (Basic MSI) to InstallShield 2010 using IsCmdBld.exe with key -u. But the problem of executing support files occurred. In InstallShield X projects InstallScript system variable SUPPORTDIR initialized correctly and I used it in my several custom actions. After upgrading I discovered that my custom actions did not do its jobs, I found out that the SUPPORTDIR was mapped to %TEMP%\, but this directory contains only some InstallShield files missing my Support files.
It should be noticed that upgrade tool transferred ISSetupFilesExtract and ISSetupFilesCleanup custom actions correctly, nothing changed!
So where are those Support files copied, and how can I access them?
Regards, Ruslan.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
DebbieL
Level 17

This may be a side effect of some improvements and InstallScript engine architecture changes that were made in InstallShield 12. The following help topic explains some changes that you may need to need to your project:
Upgrading InstallShield 11.5 or Earlier Basic MSI Projects that Have InstallScript Custom Actions

I hope that helps.
0 Kudos
Ruslan_Gilmutdi
Level 3

This info was very helpful. I had added "Set property" custom action to initialize property which contains the path to support files and used this property to execute them.
0 Kudos