cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
richard_hewett
Level 3

Suite feature select issue

Anyone seen this before? I've checked the forums, but I can't see anything like this...

I have created 3 simple MSI based installs, and a suite that installs them all where the features in in a simple hierarchy like this:

Feature1 (contains MSI1)
Feature2 (contains MSI2)
Feature3 (contains MSI3)

When I start the suite install all features are selected by default. If I install from here, all works as expected. If I click to deselect Feature1, all features are then deselected as expected. My problem arises if I click to select Feature3... The parent features Feature1 and Feature2 are then marked as selected, but on clicking install nothing is installed, even though I get a "Successfully installed suite" dialogue.

I've attached the logfile generated from "/debuglog", but I can't see anything in there that would explain this behaviour.

Can anyone help?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

This behavior should be resolved in IS 2012 Spring SP1. Previously, the UI would update the displayed states correctly but internally would set the parent level features to not install. This should be corrected so that the features are selected in this scenario and correctly match the state shown in the UI.
0 Kudos
richard_hewett
Level 3

joshstechnij wrote:
This behavior should be resolved in IS 2012 Spring SP1. Previously, the UI would update the displayed states correctly but internally would set the parent level features to not install. This should be corrected so that the features are selected in this scenario and correctly match the state shown in the UI.

Yep - I've tried this in a mickey mouse suite install, and it appears to be working as described. Thanks for your help
0 Kudos