cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
khuntley
Level 5

Stuck at Installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)

Jump to solution

glageju_0-1621609968737.jpeg

Installation is stuck on the aforementioned screen. That is definitely selected as a prerequisite so I'm not sure why it is stuck.

@Revenera_Ian 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Solution

I found that the issue was McAfee being pre-installed on the clean PC I was using. McAfee blocked the prepackages from being downloaded. I uninstalled McAfee and it worked. 

View solution in original post

(5) Replies
Revenera_Ian
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Thank you for your reply.

Could you please open a support ticket (case) to track this same issue? This will allow us to best track this issue so that we can best assist you.

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

0 Kudos
Isn't that what I did?
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply.

Sorry about the confusion.

No, you created a new forum post; you would need to navigate to Get Support from the menu at the top and select Open New Case then open a new case instead.

Please give that a try. Does that work for you?

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

varul
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

What is your project type? Basic MSI or installscript or installscript MSI?

If you create a sample project and only add VC++2010 and if you install it in the same machine is it installing or not?

if you install VC2010 redist.exe directly is it installing successfully or not? 

0 Kudos

I found that the issue was McAfee being pre-installed on the clean PC I was using. McAfee blocked the prepackages from being downloaded. I uninstalled McAfee and it worked.