cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chayam
Level 2

Your projects contains reference to InstallShield prerequisite FSharp..however this file cant be located

Hi,

I have downloaded the installshield pro 2020 product, installed and started working with it in Visual Studio.

I have a legacy project that its install pack is deployed by InstallShield.

Normally I would compile it with the app projects and without any problem deliver the installpack by installshield . Now I get errors during compilation regarding prerequisite of the installshield  . I tried to install one of softwares listed there but still get the same error .

One of the errors is posted in the subject. This is one more:

Error 176 -1007: Cannot copy source 'C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2020\SetupPrerequisites\Internet Explorer 11.0\IE11-Windows6.1-x86-en-us.exe' to target 'D:\TFS Sources\IDeriv\Main\Sources\DesktopApps\FixedIncome\IDerivV10\IDeriv\Express\SingleImage\DiskImages\DISK1\ISSetupPrerequisites\{9B226876-7FB5-4408-8677-13927F6286E2}\IE11-Windows6.1-x86-en-us.exe' ISDEV : error : -1007: Cannot copy source 'C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2020\SetupPrerequisites\Internet Explorer 11.0\IE11-Windows6.1-x86-en-us.exe' to target 'D:\TFS Sources\IDeriv\Main\Sources\DesktopApps\FixedIncome\IDerivV10\IDeriv\Express\SingleImage\DiskImages\DISK1\ISSetupPrerequisites\{9B226876-7FB5-4408-8677-13927F6286E2}\IE11-Windows6.1-x86-en-us.exe'

Please advise!

Thanks

0 Kudos
(1) Reply
varul
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi Chayam,

The error 1007 shows when the prq files is selected however the prq releated files are missing from the path its suppose to available,

Is FSharp is a custom prq file created by you organization, then make sure you have the prq files exists, 

You can go the redistributables location and then uncheck the prq FSharp and then recheck and if its asking for download please download the prq and then rebuild the project

In the attachment you see EXE path screenshot, in that path the prq downloaded exe or msi should present if its not available in that path then you will see the build error 1007

Also refer our KB article for Build error 1007:

If its not downloading from internet you need to keep the files in respective path you have mentioned in your prq file

https://community.flexera.com/t5/InstallShield-Knowledge-Base/Build-Error-1007/ta-p/3630

0 Kudos