cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alkdevteam
Level 3

Skins not working

I have an Installscript MSI project, and I'm trying to use a new skin, but I am not seeing the skin when I run my setup.exe.

I've tried using a custom skin I built with the Skin Customization Kit, and the Blue and Slate skins included in IS 2009, but I get the same bland grey dialog each time.

In my projects build folder I see that there is a setup.isn file which is binary equal to whichever skin file I tried to build with. And in the setup.ini file skin=setup.isn

Is there something I have to do in Installscript in order to use the skin? Right now I just select which skin to use on the dialog page and build, but that doesn't seem to work.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
alkdevteam
Level 3

Looks like I exagerated a bit before. It seems that certain dialogs show the new skin, and some don't, for example:

SdWelcome, AskOptions, SdBitmap all show the standard grey dialog boxes no matter what skin I choose, but SdAskDestPath shows the correct skin. I definitely don't want my users bouncing between different skin styles, is there a reason why SdWelcome, AskOptions and SdBitmap don't display with the skin?
0 Kudos
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

If these dialogs that are not being skinned were edited prior to any skin being applied in the project, the resulting dialogs will not be skinned at runtime. The skin architecture requires a specific dialog size to skin the dialog properly (you can see this size if you edit a dialog after applying a skin)
0 Kudos
User_2009
Level 2

I also have same problem, This is bit annoying. What i find out ,

If you edit the dialog widow [User Interface --> dialogs] then skin is not picked up by that edited dialog box.

Is that so ?
0 Kudos