Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reureu
Level 10

Minor bug with support folder capitalization

Hi,

Just found a minor bug.
I added a folder as "Advanced Files" in the Support Files view.
The name of this folder had a certain capitalization (like AbCdE)

Installshield 2010 lost the capitalization when I added this folder to the project, hence it appeared as "abcde" in the project.

So, I edited the "ISDisk1File" table by hand in the ISM file to restore this capitalization, and it worked.

My question is:

• Is there any reason to loose the folder name capitalization when adding a folder in the Support Files view?

This is only a minor issue but it can be a bit annoying when a software team has defined and spent time applying capitalization rules to file and folder names.

Can the Acresso team add this to the bug list?

Regards
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

I'm not certain if it applies in this case, but a common reason for this type of symptom is that filenames need to be compared case-insensitively in an underlying database whose comparison is case-sensitive. By consistently inserting these in a normalized case, a case-sensitive comparison will do the right thing.
0 Kudos
Reureu
Level 10

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your answer.

The capitalization should be ignored only when comparing the folder names, but the original folder names (ie with CaPiTaLiZaTiOn) should be stored in the database.

The problem is that IS 2010 removes the capitalization, and stores the folder names without capitalization in the database.

The funny thing is: it works fine with files but not with folders.

Regards
0 Kudos