cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ralphster
Level 6

Skinning

Jump to solution

I noticed that there is a Skins folder in the dialogs folder. Can custom dialogs be skinned? If so, how can I apply a skin template to my custom dialog box?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Solution
Jenifer
Flexera Alumni

Hi @ralphster ,

You can use this function to apply skin on custom dialog:

Enable(USE_LOADED_SKIN);

Please note:When adding skins to custom dialog boxes, take care that the dimensions of the custom dialog boxes are the same as the predefined dialog boxes. You can refer the InstallShield help topics "Dialog Skins" and "Specifying Dialog Skins" have additional information.

Please find the attached sample installscript code to enable skin on custom dialog.

If via IDE you want to achieve,do the following:

Here is the proper order:

1. Open your InstallScript-based project in InstallShield
  2. Go to the Dialogs View and select a Dialog Skin.
  3. Create your custom skinned dialog.(Make sure dialog dimensions match with standard dialogs)

Thanks,

Jenifer

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(2) Replies
Varaprasad
Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran
0 Kudos
Jenifer
Flexera Alumni

Hi @ralphster ,

You can use this function to apply skin on custom dialog:

Enable(USE_LOADED_SKIN);

Please note:When adding skins to custom dialog boxes, take care that the dimensions of the custom dialog boxes are the same as the predefined dialog boxes. You can refer the InstallShield help topics "Dialog Skins" and "Specifying Dialog Skins" have additional information.

Please find the attached sample installscript code to enable skin on custom dialog.

If via IDE you want to achieve,do the following:

Here is the proper order:

1. Open your InstallScript-based project in InstallShield
  2. Go to the Dialogs View and select a Dialog Skin.
  3. Create your custom skinned dialog.(Make sure dialog dimensions match with standard dialogs)

Thanks,

Jenifer

0 Kudos