Turn on suggestions
Auto-suggest helps you quickly narrow down your search results by suggesting possible matches as you type.
- Revenera Community
- InstallShield Forum
- Redistributables and Conditions
- Mark Topic as New
- Mark Topic as Read
- Float this Topic for Current User
- Printer Friendly Page
Sep 09, 2019 10:21 AM
Redistributables and Conditions
Hi there I am currently building an installer that depends on .NET 4.8 to be installed. When I make the installer and select 4.8 as a redistrib. During the installation the software ALWAYS tries to install 4.8 and doesn't even check if the computer already has it or not. Could anyone tell me how to make my installer check for 4.8 and if it is not on the computer it needs to download the prerequiset else just install my software.
Sep 10, 2019 03:50 AM
- You can navigate to Redistributables view in Express project that you had created,search for 4.8 Web
- Select that with checkbox install before new feature selection checked.
- You can download the fileson being prompted to download necessary files which will be a lightweight setup.
- The specific pre-requisite already has conditions which will validate if the software is present or not.
- If the software isn't present,it will download and install it for you.