cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nmsams
Level 7

Problem with .NET Framework 4.0

We have been using the same install for several major releases now. The only thing that has changed was the addition of .NET framework 4.0 Full (Web Download). We previously included .NET 2.0.

The problem is that when a user installs our product and they did not already have .NET 4.0. The install doesn't install all the files properly. Some of my files still say version 2.6.XX when they are installing 2.7.01.

This has happened both on Windows XP and Windows 7 machines. If I have the user uninstall the product completely and then reinstall, all the files are installed successfully.

Any ideas on how to fix this? Should I have the install reboot after the .NET install?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
nmsams
Level 7

I attached screen shots of my redistributables screen and also of my 2 releases. I have legacy information for .NET 2.0 in my release view. Should I remove all this stuff? Do you think it's causing a conflict?
0 Kudos
nmsams
Level 7

I found a thread that says that there may be a bug with the .NET 4.0 and trying to force a reboot. Is this true? Should I just change my product code and move on?

http://community.flexerasoftware.com/showthread.php?t=194386&highlight=.net
0 Kudos