cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ruslan_g
Level 3

New feature does not install if upgrading but installs if new installation

Hi,

I have included a new feature (.NET assembly and related files) and its components in InstallShield 2012 Spring InstallScript project. The feature and its components are not installed on the target system if the installation is an upgrade from an earlier version. It does get installed only if it is a new installation.
Any help is really appreciated.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
palanisamy
Level 7

Hi ruslan_g ,

New features are installed only on majaor upgrade scenario, let me know it is major upgrade or minor upgrade?
0 Kudos
ruslan_g
Level 3

palanisamy wrote:
Hi ruslan_g ,

New features are installed only on majaor upgrade scenario, let me know it is major upgrade or minor upgrade?

Hi palanysami,

This was a minor upgrade to an InstallScript project since I have not changed the product code or updated the major version.
I then tried upgrading the major version but it did not cause the new feature to be installed.

Thanks
0 Kudos
merick81
Level 3

Hi,

I'm not sure if are using the feature selection dialog during the upgrade, but if you aren't make sure in OnUpdateUIBefore are you calling FeatureSelectNew( MEDIA, TRUE );. This will automatically select newly added features. Then if you are calling FeatureTransferData ( MEDIA ); this new feature should include the new feature.

Hopefully this helps.

Thanks,
Erickson
0 Kudos
ruslan_g
Level 3

merick81 wrote:
Hi,

I'm not sure if are using the feature selection dialog during the upgrade, but if you aren't make sure in OnUpdateUIBefore are you calling FeatureSelectNew( MEDIA, TRUE );. This will automatically select newly added features. Then if you are calling FeatureTransferData ( MEDIA ); this new feature should include the new feature.

Hopefully this helps.

Thanks,
Erickson

Thank you very much, FeatureSelectNew did the trick for me.
0 Kudos