cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rob_Cosgrove
Level 2

Need to hire someone to impliment

Hi all. I can't find in the FAQs if it's wrong to post this here. Sorry if it is.

I need to hire someone to quickly fix a project for me. This SHOULD be a simple project. It's certainly small. But, I'm stuck and out of patience. I've written many IS installers, but I've spent 6 hrs on this and I'm just worn out and up against a deadline. 😞

I'm 80% finished, but stuck on two issues over my head. This is an IS2008 Installscript project. I can't seem to get it to install a web site, set folder permissions, and start the web server. My sandbox is a 2008 Server Datacenter on Amazon EC2.

I have it correctly installing the proper files in the right places, checking prerequisites, and all that normal stuff. It's also properly creating web.config.

My script and project file are here: http://dl.remote-backup.com/webmanager.zip

I give you money quick, you fix it quick. OK? Have a look, ask questions, give me a quote.

Rc.
rob AT alice DOT net
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
palanisamy
Level 7

Hi Rob Cosgrove,

I gone through your "RBS Web Manager.ism" file, The website not installed because of port number,

Port '80' is assigned to "Default Web Site". Please change port number and try to install.
0 Kudos
Rob_Cosgrove
Level 2

Thank you for the suggestion, palanisamy. I agree that should work, but it doesn't. At this point I just need to hire someone to fix this for me.

Rc.
0 Kudos
girishkatti123
Level 7

If a Web site is associated with a component in an InstallScript project, any virtual directories that are added to that Web site must be associated with the same component. Therefore, if you try to change the component for a Web site that contains one or more virtual directories, InstallShield displays a message box to inform you that it will also make the same component change for all of that Web site’s virtual directories; InstallShield also displays this message box if you try to change the component for any virtual directories in a Web site. In either case, the message box enables you to proceed or cancel the component change.

Make sure you have associated the correct component for your website.
Other components require to host website are
Common Files
Documentation
Internet Information Services Snap-In
World Wide Web Server
0 Kudos